Tennis Townsville has recently spent $50,000 on improving the conditions around the entry to the complex. Here are some of the improvement that have been made so far:
- A wall with a new Entrance sign
- A shelter for the entrance
- A thriving garden to beautify the area
- A water bubbler has been installed
- The pathway has been painted
- New shade covers have been installed
- Synthetic grass under the grandstand
Tennis Townsville has secured grants totalling $318,000 from the Queensland Government round 3 of the Sports and Recreation Infrastructure Program to upgrade the four tennis courts in Queens Park. With Tennis Townsville contributing $90,000 a total of $408,000 will be spent on the upgrade. Vic Bayer said the upgrade will include:
- Moving the four courts towards Paxton Street and thereby creating a 4 metre walkway between the two groups of courts.
- The four tennis courts will be realigned to ITF standards.
- New fences will replace all the existing fences on the four courts and around the walkway.
- Lights will be moved and consideration is being given to changing the lights on courts 11 to 13 to the same type as on court 10.
- The surface is going to be Rebound Ace Synpave courts with green/terracotta colours.
- The walkway will be shaded either with sail cover or metal and will have tables, chairs and bubbler facilities.
- Other work that will be required includes construction of new retaining wall, excavation and concreting 4 metres x 73 metres for court extensions, grinding of all the area and extensive drainage.
|new shade sails||Synthetic grass underneath grandstand||new street signage||driveway|